The Pastoral Council
The Pastoral Council (PC) is a consultative body to the pastor. Its members help actively promote the mission of the parish by identifying parish needs and concerns and providing recommendations through attentive communication with the parishioners and the pastor. The diocese promotes the existence of pastoral councils in parishes. PC members are either elected by the parishioners or appointed by the pastor. Members must be active in parish life, committed to prayer, discernment and dialogue. The council meets once a month.
Pastoral Council 2020-2021
Terry Burlee 315-587-2850 (2024)
Kathy DeMass 315-754-6203 (2023)
Dan Durocher 315-532-0611 (2023)
Mary Krehling 315-243-7411 (2023)
Rosemary Seymour 315-594-6037 Chair (acting); Vice Chair) (2022)
Marie Smith 315-591-1051 (Secretary) (2022)
Paul Statskey 315-520-3588 (2023)
Meeting Minutes 2020-2021
Section 1: The Code of Canon Law, canon 536 states,
- 1. If the diocesan bishop judges it opportune after he has heard the presbyteral council, a pastoral council is to be established in each parish, over which the pastor presides and in which the Christian faithful, together with those who share in pastoral care by virtue of their office in the parish, assist in fostering pastoral activity.
- 2. A pastoral council possesses a consultative vote only and is governed by the norms established by the diocesan bishop.
Section 2: The Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester, through a diocesan guideline, establishes that “every parish in the Diocese of Rochester is to have a Parish Pastoral Council.”
Section 3: We, the Blessed Trinity Parish Pastoral Council, are called to serve our parish by assisting the pastor in promoting the mission of the parish, the diocesan Church and the universal Church –
- To proclaim the Gospel
- To build an ever-stronger parish community
- To worship and celebrate the sacraments
- To give Christian witness through works of faith, hope and charity that respond to the real needs of our parish and our neighborhoods.
 Date revised: June 28, 2011, Effective date: September 1, 2011.
Pastoral Council Guideline