How do I participate?
- Prayerfully ask God for the grace to know and to appreciate the gifts that God has given you – your time, your talents, and your treasures.
- Honestly reflect on the needs of our parish and the local communities around us. What has been promoted in our parish lately? What has been taking place in our parish? What do you perceive we need as a parish to further advance the mission entrusted to us by Jesus Christ – to share the Gospel, to care for the poor, etc.? How do you want to concretely make a difference by responding to these needs?
- Take a copy of the list of Parish Ministries. Parish Ministries are classified according to the five areas of Parish Life: (i) Liturgy and Sacramental Life, (ii) Membership and Community Life, (iii) On-Going Faith Formation, (iv) Social Ministry and Outreach, and (v) Stewardship, including Parish Councils. Here is a copy of the list: Parish Ministries
- Go over the list and familiarize yourself with the basic information provided for you. Do you find yourself attracted to learn more about a particular ministry or two? Find the time to ask parish volunteers at the Ministry Tables your questions. Ask them what they do. Learn about the joy entailed in doing such ministry.
- If you realize that you can get involved in a parish ministry or two, then sign-up. Indicate your name, address, phone number and e-mail address, if any, on the sign-up sheets. We will use the information you provide to contact you, and let you know of the next steps, like training or certification, if needed.
- If you are already involved in a parish ministry, spend some time at the Ministry Tables. Share with others what you do in your ministry. Invite them to consider joining your ministry. Let them see in you the joy that comes from serving God and neighbor through our parish ministries.
- Be not afraid! Engage and participate to break the culture of indifference.
Share the joy of the Gospel!
Serve like Jesus Christ!