CRS Rice Bowl is Catholic Relief Services’ Lenten faith-in-action program. It offers opportunities for your family to engage daily in the spiritual pillars of Lent: prayer, fasting and almsgiving. As we look ahead to our Lenten journey, may our fasting be a hunger for justice, our alms an offering of peace, and our prayers a reflection of humble and grateful hearts. We ask the Holy Spirit to accompany us as we spend these 40 days reflecting on what it means to be companions on the journey to encounter our global human family. The collection will conclude Easter Sunday. Thank you for your consideration. Please contact Marie Smith (315-591-1051) or Pam AuClair (315-529-2742) if you have any questions
How are your donations used?
75 percent of your gift supports CRS’ programs around the world. Some examples include:
- Agriculture projects help farmers improve harvests
- Water and sanitation projects bring clean water to communities
- Microfinance projects support small businesses
- Mother and child health projects offer health and nutrition services
- Education projects provide resources and training
25 percent of your donations go to hunger and poverty alleviation efforts in your own community.
Please put your Rice Bowl in the bin at the back of church. Collection will take place until Easter Sunday. Thank you in advance for your generous support! To learn more click on the graphic below.